At TransMag Well-Being Clinic, we conduct detailed, personalized clinical assessments for:
- Adults (well-being concerns, stress, anxiety, depression, mood swings, relationship difficulties, etc.)
- Children and adolescents (behavioural problems, peer pressure, academic stress and exam anxiety, eating disorders, mood disorders, etc.)
- Young adults and college students (mood swings, academic stress, relationship stress, interpersonal stress, etc.)
- Women (well-being concerns, depression, anxiety, eating disorders, premenstrual syndrome, post partum depression, menopause, mid-life crisis, relationship issues, etc.)
- Geriatric population (memory difficulties, insomnia, mood disorders, etc.)
- Individuals with chronic illnesses (diabetes, hypertension, hypothyroidism, etc.) (managing stress, anxiety and depression, improving coping mechanisms, etc.)
- Personalized clinical assessments
- Detailed, personalized assessments are conducted for every individual and their families as required.
- Repetitive Transcranial Magnetic Stimulation (rTMS)
Repetitive Transcranial Magnetic Stimulation (rTMS)is a state-of-the-art, safe, and effective treatment for depression and certain other clinical conditions. It was approved by the United States Food and Drug Administration (US-FDA) in 2008 for the treatment of depressive disorders. Read More
- Psychometric Testing
- Psychometric testing involves the use and administration of standardized tests that help assess various aspects of an individual's functioning, including mood, thought, perception, intelligence, behaviour, personality, current level of functioning, inter-personal relationships and coping patterns.
- The counseling and therapy sessions help individuals understand their clinical condition, and explore and generate effective coping methods. The therapist works with the individual and the family (as required). The goal is to help individuals work through an appropriate plan to attain their optimal level of functioning.
- Cognitive Behaviour Therapy (CBT)
- This therapy helps identify and correct irrational beliefs. It is helpful in treating depressive disorders, bipolar mood disorder, anxiety disorders and eating disorders and is one of the most effective forms of psychotherapy.
- Rational Emotive Behaviour Therapy (REBT)
- Rational Emotive Behaviour Therapy focuses on reworking self-defeating, absolutistic beliefs that affect psychological and physical well-being. It helps identify the crucial link between emotion, thought and behavior. It also helps provide techniques to identify and analyze the origin of the problem, facilitating balanced emotional and cognitive coping.
- Caregiver Supportive Therapy
- This therapy focuses on helping caregivers deal with their anxieties, frustrations and guilt, and address their own health and well-being concerns.
- Interpersonal Therapy (IPT)
- Interpersonal therapy focuses on past and present social roles and interpersonal interactions and helps optimize them.
- Family Therapy
- Family therapy involves one or more family members and is based on the principles of respect, empathy, consent, confidentiality and accountability. It is particularly useful in educating family members regarding the individual's illness, enhancing communication and facilitating treatment.
- Relaxation Training
- Relaxation training involves refocusing attention (e.g. noticing areas of tension), increasing body awareness, and exercises (such as alternately contracting and relaxing groups of muscles) to better connect mind and body. Types of relaxation techniques include progressive muscle relaxation, autogenic training and breathing retraining.